Victoria Alt

The writings & ramblings of an aspiring novelist

Welcome
Victoria Alt is a writer who is aspiring to break into the world of Romance publication. Follow her journey through manuscript completions, submissions, the knock downs and all the successes that happen along the way.
WIP 1
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
42,384 / 50,000
(84.8%)
WIP 2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,135 / 50,000
(4.3%)
Link To Victoria Alt
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add Feed

Be Notified By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Instructional

Traffic Links
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Lessons Learned
I had the hardest time connecting to Blogger this morning. Don't know why but I found it very aggravating, to say the least. Hence, this post might sound like a rant. Part of my morning ritual is looking through my favorite blogs as well as posting a short snippet in my own. Being unable to pull up any of my favorites through threw my whole morning schedule out of whack. But hey, I'll deal with it.

Now, as much as I love Blogger and it's simplicity in use, there is one area that I would change. You see, I totally get off on that little "next blog" button. I flick it constantly, jumping from blog to blog, to see what is happening in the lives of other unknown bloggers.

Like anything in life, there is a downside to this feature - and thus, my rant comes into play here. Since I am clicking through blogs at random, I dislike when I am taken to a blog that has the toolbar disabled. I understand people not wanting it on their blog, but if that is the case and they have removed it, please don't show me blogs that I can't maneuver away from.

Aside from being stuck on these blogs, I dislike the havoc they play on my computer. This usually means I have to close out the window and start all over again. It's annoying. Another annoying little factor is too much distraction. I love the bells and whistles additions that you can add to your blog, but really, do we need to use every single one on one page?

I feel better getting this out of my system, and truth be told, there's something to learn from it all as it pertains to my writing. If anything, it emphasizes the fact to keep it clean. Now, when I get out my manuscript to edit in a couple of hours, I will keep in mind all my Blogger rants.

I will not bombard the reader with too many distractions that take away from the story being told. I will not make it difficult for them to keep the pages turning. If they get so stuck in one area, that all they want to do is close the book and toss it aside, I am not doing my job.

Lastly, I will keep my stories accessible. I will tell stories that people want to read, create characters that are relatable, and offer an easy escape into romantic fantasy, available any time they choose.
posted by Victoria Alt @ 8:32 AM   0 Comments:

 Post a Comment/View Comments

About Me

Name: Victoria Alt
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
I have been writing for years, although this is my first venture into the world of writing romance.
Email Me
More Victoria
Previous Posts
My Archives
Blogs I Enjoy
For Writers
Writer Resources
Credits

  • Design by Isnaini
  • Images by Stock.Xchng


  • BLOGGER