Victoria Alt

The writings & ramblings of an aspiring novelist

Welcome
Victoria Alt is a writer who is aspiring to break into the world of Romance publication. Follow her journey through manuscript completions, submissions, the knock downs and all the successes that happen along the way.
WIP 1
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
42,384 / 50,000
(84.8%)
WIP 2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,135 / 50,000
(4.3%)
Link To Victoria Alt
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add Feed

Be Notified By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Instructional

Traffic Links
Friday, November 03, 2006
Coffee, Candy & Cigarettes
I am guilty of certain vices when I am writing and creating at the keyboard. These vices fall under the three C's: coffee, candy and cigarettes.

The first is easy - I definitely need caffeine in those first morning hours as I rouse myself from sleep and prepare for the day. It's also a nice, warm and friendly beverage throughout - and one that has me hooked.

The candy is just a yummy habit. When I am staring out the window, day dreaming or working out a plot twist in my head, I love to chomp back a few sweet treats. Of course, one must be careful in this area as a writer spends most of the day in a sedentary position. As much as I love candy, I am not so much a fan of a big butt.

The cigarettes are bad - yes, I know this, but in my defense, I'm not sure how much of them I actually enjoy. I think it becomes a psychological thing for me - I need to see that grey smoke wafting up in the air to feel productive. Of course, when I am being productive, that means I rarely get the chance to reach over and actually take a puff. Instead, I have an ashtray full of non-smoked butts but plenty of work to show for myself.

In the end, I guess it all works out.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
posted by Victoria Alt @ 9:03 AM   1 Comments:

 Post a Comment/View Comments

About Me

Name: Victoria Alt
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
I have been writing for years, although this is my first venture into the world of writing romance.
Email Me
More Victoria
Previous Posts
My Archives
Blogs I Enjoy
For Writers
Writer Resources
Credits

  • Design by Isnaini
  • Images by Stock.Xchng


  • BLOGGER