Victoria Alt

The writings & ramblings of an aspiring novelist

Welcome
Victoria Alt is a writer who is aspiring to break into the world of Romance publication. Follow her journey through manuscript completions, submissions, the knock downs and all the successes that happen along the way.
WIP 1
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
42,384 / 50,000
(84.8%)
WIP 2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,135 / 50,000
(4.3%)
Link To Victoria Alt
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add Feed

Be Notified By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Instructional

Traffic Links
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Dressing the Part
I am an early riser, although this hasn't always been the case. I find that the mornings bring a sense of calm and relaxation that is hard to find elsewhere during the day. There is nothing nicer than getting out of bed to find a hot pot of coffee waiting for me. Of course, this is courtesy of my man who slips out of the house around six a.m.

For the next hour, it is my free time to sit back with a steamy cup, peruse the newspaper or see what is unfolding on the television. My mind often begins to start forming what writing I wish to accomplish for the day. Without of the hum of the computer or the whole world waiting at my fingertips, I can focus things down to the bare minimum - for a little while anyway.

Soon, children are racing in and out of showers, eating breakfast and leaving me a mess in the kitchen. Thankfully, the bus arrives and and I shuffle them out the door to begin their own days.

In the past, this is when I would head into my office and begin working for the day. I have been making a living through writing for the last few years, although in a very different area than the one I am pursuing now. Working on a romance novel means that I do things a little different now. I still begin my days in the same way - coffee, reading, children and sending them off to school - but I no longer than race to my computer, coffee cup in hand, and begin working.

To write romance, I need to feel romance - and what worked before, in pajamas and slippers, just isn't cutting it now. My daily routine has changed to "dress the part". Now, that does not mean that I doll myself up in an evening dress and satin shoes, but what it does mean is that I shower, dress, do my hair and put on a little bit of makeup.

Looking good makes me feel good, and when I feel good, I can easily slip into that romantic aura that I need to generate those heartfelt words and emotional scenes. While the bunny-slippers may have kept my feet warm, they did nothing to inspire a romantic atmosphere. I have also redressed my office. No longer is it the sterile, work environment of the past. The walls reflect soft colors and photos, pictures, flowers and inspirational words fill the room. It has become my own little romantic get-away and one in which I love to visit - which makes wanting to go to work a whole lot easier to do.
posted by Victoria Alt @ 9:19 AM   1 Comments:

 Post a Comment/View Comments

About Me

Name: Victoria Alt
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
I have been writing for years, although this is my first venture into the world of writing romance.
Email Me
More Victoria
Previous Posts
My Archives
Blogs I Enjoy
For Writers
Writer Resources
Credits

  • Design by Isnaini
  • Images by Stock.Xchng


  • BLOGGER