Victoria Alt

The writings & ramblings of an aspiring novelist

Welcome
Victoria Alt is a writer who is aspiring to break into the world of Romance publication. Follow her journey through manuscript completions, submissions, the knock downs and all the successes that happen along the way.
WIP 1
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
42,384 / 50,000
(84.8%)
WIP 2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,135 / 50,000
(4.3%)
Link To Victoria Alt
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add Feed

Be Notified By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Instructional

Traffic Links
Monday, November 06, 2006
No Writing Weekends
Weekends tend to be downtime for me and this weekend proved no exception. I had a couple free hours on Saturday to write but opted to go out on the quads with the family. It was a little cool but running free over the fields, checking out the wildlife and hearing squealing children from behind just cannot be beat.

Sunday came and went with its own distractions - namely NASCAR - good going Tony! After the race came the scramble of supper, homework and bath times. If anything, I can say my weekends stay consistent.

Unfortunately, that means I am behind in my desired word count. That makes the goal for today rather straight forward - finish my business work then hit the keyboard in hardcore style..

Do I regret taking the downtime? Not for one minute. Without taking a break and getting myself out of my office, my productivity would wane until I wasn't productive at all. Writing is hard work. You spend many hours alone. Sometimes the words come while other times, it's a full-out drag-down fight just to get something on the paper.

Break is over though, so that means I'm back to work. Wish me luck.

posted by Victoria Alt @ 10:16 AM   0 Comments:

 Post a Comment/View Comments

About Me

Name: Victoria Alt
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
I have been writing for years, although this is my first venture into the world of writing romance.
Email Me
More Victoria
Previous Posts
My Archives
Blogs I Enjoy
For Writers
Writer Resources
Credits

  • Design by Isnaini
  • Images by Stock.Xchng


  • BLOGGER