Victoria Alt

The writings & ramblings of an aspiring novelist

Welcome
Victoria Alt is a writer who is aspiring to break into the world of Romance publication. Follow her journey through manuscript completions, submissions, the knock downs and all the successes that happen along the way.
WIP 1
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
42,384 / 50,000
(84.8%)
WIP 2
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,135 / 50,000
(4.3%)
Link To Victoria Alt
Blogroll Me!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add Feed

Be Notified By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Instructional

Traffic Links
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Writers Unite
Living out on an acreage means that, most of my time, I remain isolated from people. Of course, I always have the option of venturing into town and socializing but my personality tends to love being alone.

I'm at ease in my solitude. I always have people willing to tell me their stories - even if it's just various characters in my head. The biggest benefit is all the country space, the sounds, nature and freedom of constant movement. This relaxes me and allows my mind to wander freely.

The downside of such a solitary medium can be the lack of kinship, not of family and friends, but lack of fellow writers. No one in my immediate circle is a writer. Nor do they truly understand the writing process. I find that the only people who understand what you are going through are other writers (and artists).

We all benefit from the advice, encouragement and critiques from our writing peers. If you are lucky, you can find a local writers' group in your area. For those who do not have this option, the online network is another outlet. There are tons of online groups that offer support and guidance - you just have to look thoroughly and find that group that fits right with you.

One of my favorite places to visit is the Absolute Writer Water Cooler. This is a forum for writers in all genres and categories of writing from Romance to Horror, short stories, novels, poetry and more. If you're looking to interact with a group of fellow writers, share experiences, ask and give advice, this is a nice friendly place to do so.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,
posted by Victoria Alt @ 10:03 AM   0 Comments:

 Post a Comment/View Comments

About Me

Name: Victoria Alt
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
I have been writing for years, although this is my first venture into the world of writing romance.
Email Me
More Victoria
Previous Posts
My Archives
Blogs I Enjoy
For Writers
Writer Resources
Credits

  • Design by Isnaini
  • Images by Stock.Xchng


  • BLOGGER